Director of Marketing and Special Events - United Way (Posted 6/30)
As a small team-based organization, United Way employees are expected to work in a flexible environment. Achieving the organization’s goals is the responsibility of every employee. To this point, employees must possess the ability to manage multiple tasks within several areas of the organization. In addition, all employees interface daily with donors and volunteers. It is critical that United Way employees demonstrate exemplary interpersonal skills, the highest ethical standards and a professional appearance.
As part of the management team, this position works cooperatively and independently supporting and managing all marketing functions of United Way of Lincoln and Lancaster County (UWLLC).
- Promote United Way of Lincoln and Lancaster County communicating its mission and impact while enhancing its image among key constituent groups
- Ensure brand consistency in all UWLLC efforts
- Cultivate media relationships; serve as primary media contact
- Direct all organizational media relations and communication functions
- Research, coordinate, and write for United Way internal and external communications, including editing and proofreading to ensure consistent organizational voice
- Oversee and develop content for the web and social media sites ensuring timely updates
- Secure market research and proactively anticipate marketplace needs and dynamics responding accordingly
- Oversee ad agency and marketing programs
- Develop and manage marketing/event budgets
- Co-plan and oversee all special events
- Supervise one direct report
- Additional duties as assigned
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Must have copywriting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled with brand identity and branding systems
- Experience with media tracking and monitoring systems
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrate positive leadership and interpersonal skills
- Proficient and knowledgeable of Microsoft Office applications
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, public relations, advertising, journalism, or related field. Five or more years of experience in marketing/public relations. Non-profit experience preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Position is open until filled. Please submit cover letter and resume to United Way of Lincoln and Lancaster County, 238 South 13th Street, Lincoln, NE 68508 or email email@example.com.