Digital Media Specialist - YMCA of Lincoln (posted 04/07)
Digital Media Specialist
YMCA of Lincoln, Nebraska
Creates and maintains digital-related projects to support overall marketing and communication efforts for the Association.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops, creates and maintains digital resources for media campaigns, annual meetings and special events.
- Strategizes and presents progress on digital media initiatives to Executive Marketing Director.
- Uses high creativity and willingness to look for new solutions to achieve Association goals.
- Maintains self-motivation and commitment to building and maintaining in-house video content creation.
- Maintains professional standards on photo/video disclosures, model releases, fact checking and information conveyed through distributed digital media.
- Produces media that promotes the Association and increases brand awareness through the use of advanced graphic design techniques.
- Displays commitment to highest production quality on all projects.
- Manages functionality of interactive files, including Flash.
Assists Executive Marketing Director in management of digital media timelines for signage and traditional marketing initiatives.
- Keeps detailed and organized filing structures on all assigned projects.
- Produces and integrates digital animated content into video including CG graphics and renderings.
- Delivers consistent, high-quality video products.
- Completes videography projects as assigned from start to finish including storyboarding, filming, editing, rough cuts, gathering feedback and making final audio sweetening or color corrections as needed for final export.
- Assist Executive Marketing Director in graphic design of select marketing materials including but not limited to front desk collateral, membership/programming/recruitment guides/brochures, posters, fliers, banners, yard signs, digital ads, print ads, branch signage etc.
- Designs, maintains and updates all website content. Regularly audits the website for quality and consistency.
- Actively works with Executive Marketing Director to increase Association’s search engine rankings.
- Compiles monthly analytics reports. Analyzes and reports on web traffic, analytics, reach and engagement.
- Assists Executive Marketing Director in tracking membership conversions by campaign.
- Captures and tracks public sentiment and interests around the industry and services offered.
- Creates and sends monthly e-newsletters and other e-marketing pieces.
- Develops digital creative including videos and animation for sharing on the Association’s social media channels.
- Assists with special events as required by Executive Marketing Director.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Receives and protects confidential information.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be an excellent team player but also work well independently.
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to exhibit initiative, self-motivation, commitment, responsibility and flexibility.
- Ability to maintain organization and detail in a changing environment.
- Audio and video production experience, including shooting and editing.
- Advanced knowledge and proficient use of a computer and computer programs including MS Office and Adobe Creative Cloud software including but not limited to Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Flash Builder.
- Advanced graphic design techniques.
- Strong understanding of content management sites.
- Strong proofreading and grammar skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and handle multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to work with all levels of YMCA staff, volunteers and vendors and establish effective working relationships.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the YMCA and its purpose, mission and values. Demonstrates this understanding through behavior and actions that support the purpose, mission and values.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Broadcasting, Film Studies or a related field preferred.
- Advanced Graphic Design Techniques
- Advanced Creative Software experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to perform sedentary physical activity that may include lifting and/or moving up to 25 lbs. and fingering (typing).
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of staff so classified.
To apply, visit: http://bit.ly/DigitalMediaApply