Community Marketing Specialist - Raising Canes (posted 3/13)
The Community Marketing Specialist is the first line of contact between our restaurants, community requests and sponsorships. They are responsible for positioning Raising Cane’s as THE community’s restaurant by creating lasting partnerships with local schools, churches, nonprofit organizations and business sponsorships. Their primary responsibility is to grow our community footprint, and help drive business to our restaurants through these partnerships and other key programs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Community Liaison: Seek new and nurture current community partnerships by meeting with local representatives to learn about their organizations, potential ways to partner together, and provide them with information about programs we have in place that may help support their cause.
2. Respond to Community Requests: Reach out to incoming sponsorship/donation requests within’ 48 hours of receiving the request at the restaurant support office.
3. Coordinate Events: Ensure all community request fulfillments are completed, accurate, and on time.
4. Event Representation: Setup, attend and represent Raising Cane’s at all community related events.
5. Execute Community Programs: Introduce, follow-up, coordinate and evaluate the results from community programs and events—including onsite events.
6. Assist Restaurant Community Efforts: Ensure restaurants have the appropriate tools and materials needed to fulfill community requests.
7. Perform Restaurant/Market Visits: Travel to markets to meet with General Managers, attend local events, seek out new partnership/sponsorships and meet with organizations to discuss new opportunities.
8. Perform Restaurant Community Audits: Visit restaurants on a regular basis to ensure gift baskets have been given out, Community Boards are up-to-date, and Crewmembers are following in-store fundraiser best practices.
9. New Restaurant Openings: Collaborate in the development and implementation of the new restaurant opening process by seeking new sponsorship opportunities, coordinating new restaurant opening events, and introducing community programs in the new market.
10. Local Community Strategy: Create a quarterly strategy and present it to the DOM one month prior to the beginning of each quarter that focuses on building existing and new relationships in assigned markets.
11. Administrative and Budget Responsibilities: Responsible for tracking and managing a pre-determined budget for all projects, maintaining community tracking database and restaurant team-site calendars, and collaborating and presenting ideas for new community opportunities.
12. Reporting: Prepare monthly reports that give insight and results on all completed community events and initiatives.
13. General Duties: Assist with overall marketing department goal planning, strategic initiatives and calendar planning—including information to be presented in quarterly meetings with the restaurant Operations team.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 2–3 years of marketing experience required
• Restaurant experience preferred
• Knowledge and experience working with sponsorships required
• Event planning experience preferred
The intellectual and physical demands described below are representative of what must be met by a crewmember to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Aligns with Raising Cane’s and Southern Hospitality Ventures culture
• Ability to lead meetings confidently and takes initiative to set meetings each week
• Ability to think analytically
• Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to establish and maintain relationships both internally and externally
• Takes initiative
• Ability to recognize and solve problems
• Ability to set goals and convert plans into action
• Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time
• Organized and able to manage multiple priorities at one time
• Ability to work under deadlines, and with minimal supervision
• Ability to travel 30–50% of the time
Apply today at CaniacCareers.com